- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Thnairg's Podcast: Best of 2007 Countdown!

You thought you'd never see it (or "hear it", as the case may be) again, didn't you? Well, never fear ... Thnairg's Podcast is back!! And, to thank you all for waiting patiently and not complaining about its absence over the last seven weeks, I'm making it an extra-special treat for you! First of all, you're getting not just one, but TWO episodes at the same time! Also, they're both a bit longer than the podcasts you've heard thusfar (by about five minutes) ... and that's because I'm playing full songs for you instead of just snippets!! But don't get too excited about that last part, 'cause that's just for this special occasion. And what's the special occasion, you ask? It's my countown of my Top Ten Favorite albums of 2007!!

Thnairg's Best of 2007 Podcast Part 1 -- This episode reveals my #10 to #6 favorite CDs of the past year, with my own occasionally witty and arguably lively banter throughout.

Thnairg's Best of 2007 Podcast Part 2 -- In this episode I count down my Top Five favorite CDs of 2007 ... betcha can't tell what they all are! Go ahead ... give it your best guess.

On a technical note, you'll notice yet another gradual improvement in the sound of my voice, as I tweaked the equalization to boost the midrange, so that it doesn't sound so "muddy" on the bass side (as I noticed it was in my last podcast). I've made a note of this tactic so I'll remember to use it in the future. And from now on, I plan on my podcast being a once-a-month feature, unless the mood strikes me to post one more frequently. Besides, as hard as it might be for you to believe, it was a bit difficult to try and pick seven albums to feature every two weeks! This way, I'll be much more likely to keep it on schedule for you.

I plan on posting a written list of this countdown around New Year's Eve, for those of you who don't have the patience or technological capability to download and sit through two 24-minute/11-megabyte audio programs of the countdown. But for now, enjoy this double-feature podcast ... and here's to 2008 being just as good a year for music as 2007 was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment