- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Sunday, September 28, 2008

To Be Continued...

You've probably noticed a distinct lack of activity on this blog in the past week or so. I think it's been a long time coming, frankly. I honestly haven't had a whole lot of "me time" lately, with my actual day job getting busier, and now the fact that one of my recent posts has disappeared -- and that Google/Blogger are apparently not at all eager to help us users who've lost posts retrieve them -- has understandably made me a bit less excited about blogging lately.

And then there's the "epiphany" I had earlier this week. I was listening to music on my iPod one day ... and I stopped thinking about what I might say on my blog about it, and just let my mind go. What happened next was ... I enjoyed it! That's something that has been missing in my life lately: the simple joy I get from listening to music. As much a "labor of love" as this blog has been, its emphasis has slowly been shifting from the "love" part to the "labor" part. Now I'm not saying that I need to be paid to enjoy writing about music, but I don't have to tell you that the job that pays the bills comes first. (If there's anyone out there who wants to make writing about music a paying job for me, then by all means let's talk!!)

Let me make one thing clear right off the bat: I'm not shutting down this blog altogether. I don't know what's going to happen with it, but I know I'll be scaling it back significantly. At the moment, I'm leaning toward either a monthly audio podcast or a once-a-month "digest" entry (four or five shorter reviews in one post). I have to say it's been fun, and I've sure made a nice long go of it -- 200 posts in about a year and a half is nothing to sneeze at -- but now I realize why quite a few bloggers out there post somewhat sporadically. I guess I'll be joining them in that regard. But have no fear, 'cause I'll be back, sooner or later....

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with whatever direction you choose to take. I know a lot of people are re-evaluating their lives these days and changing priorities etc.

    Best of luck,

    KulPop

    ReplyDelete