- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Break The Silence

I'm sorry it's been so darn quiet around here lately ... I didn't really intend for it to happen. I do have a good excuse and a not-so-good excuse. The good excuse is that I came down with what I think was the H1N1 (a.k.a. "swine") flu a few weeks ago -- I'm almost fully recovered already, thank goodness -- but the not-so-good excuse is that I've otherwise been essentially unmotivated to write about music. I have no idea why ... I still enjoy listening to music like I always have ... could it be a weird side-effect of my illness...? As much as I hate to admit it, I'm starting to wonder if this blog will still be around much beyond the first of the year. Believe me, I'd hate to see it come to an end, but if the inspiration and motivation have stopped flowing, what can I do?

But it ain't over till the fat lady sings, and she hasn't made a peep yet. It's still possible that this is just a temporary "dry spell", and I'm hoping it is. And I can all but guarantee you that things will pick up here, at least a little, in about a month. Not only will I be doing my annual Top Ten Favorite Albums podcast in December, but as you may or may not know, we're coming up on the end of the decade, and as such I'm feeing the overwhelming urge to get started on assembling a ranking of my favorite albums of the last ten years, which I expect to post in January. I'm so excited about that little venture, in fact, that I whipped up a preliminary list about 70 items long last night in less than half an hour! I don't know if it'll end up being a list of 50 titles or a list of 100 (or, heck, even a number somewhere in between, for that matter), but I do know that it'll be an incredibly fun and challenging task ... and, with any luck, maybe it'll even reinvigorate my passion for this blog in the process.

So, watch this web-space ... you won't regret it!

2 comments:

  1. Tom, don't scare me! Even if you only come out of hibernation once a year for your year end countdown, please don't disappear completely.

    I hope this new project gets you excited again. Even if you don't finish it completely, I'd love to see the thoughts you do jot down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Girl, I can always count on you for a cyber-pat-on-the-back! ;-)

    -T

    ReplyDelete