- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

American Idol 2010 -- The Top 12 Guys

Here I am sneezing and coughing ... but never too sick for "American Idol", especially when its the guys' turn! Not much else to say, so let's get started!

Todrick Hall ("Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson) -- Wow, some pretty strong words from Simon, eh? I don't really agree with the judges ... he turned the song on its ear, but I really liked the result.

Aaron Kelly ("Here Comes Goodbye" by Rascal Flatts) -- You know what? I'm almost underwhelmed ... but only because I knew he was going to be good. I can't say he blew me away, but then this is only his first week.

Jermaine Sellers ("Get Here" by Oleta Adams) -- He's a great singer, and did a good job ... but I don't really like his falsetto ... it gets a bit grating. If he sticks to a lower register (if he comes back next week), he'd be better off.

Tim Urban ("Apologize" by OneRepublic) -- Hmmm ... a tough song to sing, and I'm not sure he pulled it off. He should have chosen a safer song, since he was technically "not supposed to be here" ... I have a bad feeling he may have blown it.

Joe Muñoz ("You and I Both" by Jason Mraz) -- Very nice! A couple of pitchy notes, but he was enjoyable, and looked like he was enjoying himself. One of the better showings of the night, I think.

Tyler Grady ("American Woman" by The Guess Who) -- Awright!! I think this may very well be my favorite performance of the night! I'm a bit surprised by the judges' critical comments, but I do kind-of understand why they said what they said.

Lee DeWyze ("Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol) -- Oooh, I heard a lot of flat notes in that performance ... I've never been crazy about this guy, and this performance hasn't done him any favors in my eyes.

John Park ("God Bless The Child" by Billie Holiday) -- He started out a bit shakey, and he let it get a bit improvy in the middle, but he came to what I thought was an excellent finish. Again, some of the judges' comments were a bit surprising.

Michael Lynche ("This Love" by Maroon 5) -- I was worried about the song choice, but I should have known not to be ... this was absolutely one of my favorite performances of the night! I think Big Mike is here to stay!

Alex Lambert ("Wonderful World" by James Morrison) -- I really want to like him ... but after that performance, I can't. He looked uncomfortable, and the vocals weren't much more than okay. A pity, 'cause I love that song.

Casey James ("Heaven" by Bryan Adams) -- Well, it was a great performance, but somehow I was expecting more ... maybe for some reason I was expecting him to be "the best", which is unfair. Still, a perfectly solid showing.

Andrew Garcia ("Sugar, We're Goin' Down" by Fall Out Boy) -- I'm really starting to love this guy! He's got the talent to make songs his own, regardless of how far he goes in the competition. Fantastic way to close the show!!

My most favorite performances of the night: Michael Lynche, Tyler Grady, and Andrew Garcia.

My least favorite performances of the night: Lee DeWyze, Jermaine Sellers, and Tim Urban.

Who I think should be eliminated: Tim Urban and Lee DeWyze.

Who I think will be eliminated: Joe Muñoz and Alex Lambert.

How disastrously wrong (or miraculously right) will I be? We'll know 24 hours from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment