- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Thursday, January 10, 2008

One Hundred ... and Counting!!

We interrupt "Early '90s Month" to bring you ... the one-hundredth post in Thnairg's World Of Music! Jumpin' Jehosaphat, Holy Frejoles, Golly Willickers, and all that other crap!! I knew I was going to have no shortage of music to write about, and I was pretty sure I'd be able to keep this blog going for awhile, but I still can't believe I got to my 100th post so fast.

Anyway, in honor of this landmark, I'd like to present my "iPod 100" ... the songs I'd pick if I were stranded on a desert island with my iPod and it could only hold a hundred songs of my choosing. It might not necessarily be reflective of my favorite artists, 'cause there are some darn good songs out there by artists that I'm otherwise just lukewarm about.

Also, if you don't see any recent songs or artists I've been raving about, it's because I decided to limit the list to songs that are at least one year old, so as not to let my short-term memory give preferential treatment to more recent songs.* So without further delay, here's the list, sorted alphabetically by artist. Keep an eye out, 'cause there might be something "clickable" about some items on the list...!

  1. "Make It Good" by A1
  2. "Just Push Play" by Aerosmith
  3. "Move Along" by All-American Rejects
  4. "Remedy" by Maria Arredondo featuring Espen Lind
  5. "Can't Stop The Pop" by A-Teens
  6. "Paint a Pretty Picture" by Tal Bachman
  7. "The One" by Backstreet Boys
  8. "Break Your Heart" by Barenaked Ladies
  9. "Pinch Me" by Barenaked Ladies
  10. "Miles Away" by Basia
  11. "Give Me The Night" by George Benson
  12. "Blowout" by Bent Fabric
  13. "We're Not In Kansas" by Big Country
  14. "Long Time Coming" by Bottlefly
  15. "Are You Satisfied" by Randall Bramblett
  16. "Living In America" by James Brown
  17. "I Got You" by Nick Carter
  18. "New Boy" by The Connells
  19. "Church Of The Poison Mind" by Culture Club
  20. "'Angel' Main Theme" by Darling Violetta
  21. "Anything" by D-Side
  22. "Wild Boys" by Duran Duran
  23. "All Over The World" by Electric Light Orchestra
  24. "Rainbow's End" by Eleven
  25. "Make Your Own Kind Of Music" by Cass Elliot
  26. "Falling" by Eman
  27. "You're an Ocean" by Fastball
  28. "Strange" by The Feeling
  29. "Star Trekkin'" by The Firm
  30. "Hear Me Now" by Five
  31. "Everyone Deserves Music" by Michael Franti & Spearhead
  32. "I Believe" by Stephen Gately
  33. "Stop" by Gil
  34. "You Make My Dreams" by Daryl Hall & John Oates
  35. "If Only" by Hanson
  36. "Lost Without Each Other" by Hanson
  37. "Don't Believe You Anymore" by Colin Hay
  38. "Spin" by Darren Hayes
  39. "Pink And Black" by Tyler Hilton
  40. "River Of Dreams" by Billy Joel
  41. "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John
  42. "Just The Way It Is" by Kavana
  43. "Crystal Ball" by Keane
  44. "Inhale Positivity" by Lazyboy
  45. "Gamble Everything For Love" by Ben Lee
  46. "Walking On Broken Glass" by Annie Lennox
  47. "Put a Little Love In Your Heart" by Annie Lennox & Al Green
  48. "Jacob's Ladder" by Huey Lewis & The News
  49. "Mother In Law" by Huey Lewis & The News
  50. "Pop From Hell" by Espen Lind
  51. "All I Want Is an Angel" by Espen Lind
  52. "Reclining Civilization" by Brian Mann
  53. "Bent" by Matchbox Twenty
  54. "Say Say Say" by Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson
  55. "I Wanna Hold You" by McFly
  56. "Transylvania" by McFly
  57. "National Anthem Of Love" by Joey McIntyre
  58. "Be Good Johnny" by Men At Work
  59. "Beautiful One" by Milk & Honey Band
  60. "Life On Mars" by The Moffatts
  61. "Ya Ya" by The Moffatts
  62. "Pop" by NSYNC
  63. "Bury My Lovely" by October Project
  64. "Big On Emotion" by One 2 One
  65. "Set Sails Free" by The Origin
  66. "Story Of Love" by OTT
  67. "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" by The Party
  68. "We Could Be Trouble" by PC Quest
  69. "Strange Love" by Phixx
  70. "Should Have Been Loved" by The Proclaimers
  71. "You Got It" by Bonnie Raitt
  72. "Rainbow Zephyr" by Relish
  73. "Before I Speak" by Kyle Riabko
  74. "Big Sky" by The Rippingtons
  75. "Weekend In Monaco" by The Rippingtons
  76. "Don't Stop Movin'" by S Club
  77. "Why Don't You & I" by Santana featuring Alex Band
  78. "You'll Have Time" by William Shatner
  79. "Everything We Are" by The Shore
  80. "My Oh My" by Slade
  81. "Hourglass" by Squeeze
  82. "Grounded" by Stir
  83. "Disasterpiece" by Sugar Ray
  84. "The Logical Song" by Supertramp
  85. "Bounce" by Take 5
  86. "Twenty-Nine Palms" by Tangerine Dream
  87. "Creepin' Up Slowly" by Taxiride
  88. "No One Above" by Michael Tolcher
  89. "Believe Me" by Tonic
  90. "Drops Of Jupiter" by Train
  91. "Johnny Belinda" by Voice Farm
  92. "Across The Universe" by Rufus Wainwright
  93. "Don't Say Sarah" by Wave
  94. "Change Your Mind" by Westlife
  95. "Love Is All Around" by Wet Wet Wet
  96. "If I Ever Lose This Love" by Christian Wunderlich
  97. "Generic Blues" by "Weird Al" Yankovic
  98. "It's All About The Pentiums" by "Weird Al" Yankovic
  99. "Niki Nana" by Yanni
  100. "Leave It" by Yes

*Okay, just because I like to make the most of my lists and put my own little twists on them, I'm gonna add three songs that are less than a year old. After all, there's always a little "wiggle room" in the song capacity of the average iPod, right?

101. "Racing" by Erik Faber & Marte Wulff
102. "Touched By Love" by Eran James
103. "Reach Out" by Take That

No comments:

Post a Comment