- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's Him! It's Him!!!

Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to be updating this blog for two weeks or so, and this post isn't music-related at all, but I simply had to share this with everyone. My friend and I were at Amoeba Records in Hollywood yesterday (yes, I found a few goodies ... more on those later, of course), and he hurriedly came up to me while I was browsing and quietly ushered me to another part of the store, where ... are you ready for this? ... I MET JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT!!!





















Well, I don't know if "met" is the right word, 'cause I didn't give him my name. He was with a female friend (and no, I don't know if it's his girlfriend ... didn't ask and it's none of my business), so I just quickly extended my hand to him, begged their pardons for my interruption, and told him that I'm a big fan of his, to which he flashed that swoon-inducing smile of his and replied with a cheerful, "Thank you!"

Now, for those of you who don't know me, "JGL" (as I like to call him) is a favorite actor of mine, not only because of his sheer talent, but obviously because he's also unbelievably gorgeous ... plus, there seems to be a really down-to-earth, sincere, approachable quality, made all the more apparent by my encounter with him, that makes him seem like -- to put it embarrassingly bluntly -- the perfect boyfriend. (And no, nothing about him made him seem gay, so I kind-of doubt he is ... but let me have my fantasy life, okay?)

What still totally blows my mind about all this is not only meeting him, and not only that he seemed totally gracious and appreciative of the recognition, but the sheer odds of the encounter: me on vacation from Oregon, and just happening to be in the same store at the same time as one of my favorite stars. I could easily have turned into a hysterical, endlessly genuflecting, babbling idiot, thereby embarrassing both him and myself to no end, but somehow managed against all odds to avoid doing so. If I may say so myself, I'm quite astonished at my restraint.

Okay, now I'll let you get back to your lives, and try to get on with my own.

OMG!! I MET JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment