- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Monday, December 14, 2009

Have a Creepy, Freaky Christmas

Before I go any further, this is all my friend Mark's fault. He brought this "Fred Figglehorn" character to my attention last week (probably making me the last person owning an internet-enabled computer to have heard of him), so I went to see what all the fuss is about. And I don't know what it is about him -- I should find it really annoying and stupid, but I don't ... instead, I think it's totally adorable! If you haven't seen it yet, here's what I'm talking about:



And you know, he's got a point: all those silly tales we're told as kids about Christmas now sound bizarre and creepy to us as adults. Hey, what would you do if you were told that a fat old guy in a red suit entered your house in the middle of the night through the chimney, left packages under your Christmas tree, and expected milk and cookies in return? And all those vintage Christmas specials on TV conjure disturbing images of talking snowmen, elves, and reindeer.

If you like Fred enough (and who wouldn't?), you can find his stuff on iTunes and Amazon. But anyway, I've been going on longer than I should. Besides, if you're anything like me, you probably find plenty of things that are disturbing enough about the holiday season without adding the above mentioned stuff to the list, right? Okay, now we can get back to my '90s countdown. Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment