- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Friday, June 1, 2007

Song of the Month: Remedy

Okay, here goes ... wish me luck ... I've never tried uploading a file to any kind of a sharing site before, so let me know if something goes ca-ca and you can't download it. Here it is, boys and girls: my new feature, the "Song of the Month"! At the beginning of every month, I'll pick a tune that I really like, one that you've probably never heard before, to share with all of you. As is the case with any other feature on here, it's subject to change, most possibly in frequency ... after all, I have a long list of songs I'd love to share with y'all, so it could turn into a twice-a-month (but probably not weekly) thing. In the meantime ... enjoy!


"Remedy"
Maria Arredondo featuring Espen Lind
from the album "Not Going Under"
(Universal/Norway, 2004)

I bought Norwegian singer Maria Arredondo's second album just for this song, which a fellow Espen Lind fan had sent to me in an MP3 file and I promptly fell in love with. It's one of those pop songs that's so perfect, you just can't imagine anything that could make it any better.

First of all, it's an honest-to-goodness "duet" from beginning to end, with Maria's and Espen's vocals dancing together in perfect, blissful harmony. Plus it's got an energetic, almost country-ish sounding rhythm that hits the ground running, and a catchy-as-all-get-out melody ... so, what's not to love?

This song is definitely pop, but I could easily see it making a big splash in America on contemporary country radio if it were covered by a male/female pairing of current artists. Maybe that'll happen if someday someone in Nashville discovers it ... but for now, it's our little secret.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent song ! thx 4 the discovering :)

    ReplyDelete