- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Trick or Treat -- an Extra Song of the Week!!!

I'm sorry, folks, but I'm not going to have the new podcast episode ready in time, but I'll do my best to get it to you by next weekend at the latest. In the meantime, here's an extra little treat to make up for it: a bonus "Song of the Week" for the Halloween season. Enjoy ... and BOO!!

"Dr. Heckyll & Mr. Jive"
Men At Work
from the album "Cargo" (Columbia, 1983)

Don't be fooled by the beginning of this song ... it's not the "Weird Al" tune from last week again, it just sounds like it. In fact, that's what made me remember it as a last-minute Halloween upload. Men At Work were always somewhat whimsical, but perhaps no more so than in this delightful take on the Jekyll & Hyde story. The lyrics and the music are complete and total fun! Perhaps it's one reason why they were one-third of my "Holy Trinity" of favorite '80s artists, and why frontman Colin Hay continues to be one of my favorites today (even though he possesses less of the playfulness that the group did back then). Happy Halloween, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment