- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Syncsta Fever!

If you haven't heard of Syncsta yet, it probably won't be long until you do ... and you're in for a real treat. Syncsta are Jake Walmsley and Chris Green, a pair of British lads who, not too long ago, started making videos of themselves lip-synching and dancing to pop songs and posting them on YouTube on a whim. Before they knew it, their videos had been viewed thousands of times, and they were even starting to get recognized on the street. Now, former Take That manager Nigel Martin-Smith has staked claim to guiding the duo's potential showbiz future.

This is my favorite Syncsta clip -- and most everyone else's, from what I've heard. If, after watching this video, you still don't understand why I love these guys so much, then there's no hope of explaining it to you in words. You'll find links to some of their other YouTube videos in the right-hand column of this blog, and here's a link straight to their YouTube channel. Far more than just the simple ability to lip-sync to a song, they have an undeniable charm and impishness in front of the camera, as well as a playful affection for the music, if not a deep love for it.


The song is called "Dragostea Din Tei", and it's sung in Romanian. It was a fairly successful chart hit all over the world, but I hadn't heard of it until Syncsta brought it to my attention. (You can read about the song, including what its title might or might not translate to, here; and you can read an English translation of the lyrics here.) Suffice it to say that I liked the song so much, I was compelled to track down a compilation CD that has the song on it. And now, every time I listen to the song, a smile comes across my face as I remember the fun these guys must have had filming this video. Any performance that evokes that kind of reaction in someone, especially a performance those guys do just for fun, is something else, wouldn't you say?

6 comments:

  1. Love it! They are great/talented & funny. Hehe. I hope that they become famous from all the videos they make. =D

    xxo Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can't wait to see what Nigel Martin-Smith cooks up for them. Can they even sing? It wouldn't make sense for them to have a record deal if they can't. TV presenters, I could see ... they have real personality in their YouTube vids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been watching there videos non stop. They're great, it's amazing to see how far they have come from making hilarious videos. Keep up the good work guys .. we Love you .. looking forward to seeing more in the future.

    XoXx Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. They could be the new Ant & Dec.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you mean Ant & Dec as in "presenters more than singers", yes, Tim, I can definitely see it as well. (I have Ant & Dec's best-of CD, but not being from the UK I don't know much about them.)

    -T

    ReplyDelete
  6. They could be the next Milli Vanilli ;-p

    ReplyDelete