- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thnairg's Podcast - February 2009

My apologies again for not having a January podcast to give you, but here's the February edition! What's it about? Well, I'll give you a vague little hint: it starts out with a crappy (and artificially enhanced) Ryan Seacrest impersonation!

Thnairg's Podcast - February 2009

Coming next month ... I'm not sure yet, but probably "stuff I've recently gotten". But I've got a couple of lofty plans in mind for my podcast's future, which I'll discuss soon.

Note: Thnairg's Podcast is delivered at the bitrate of 64kbps ... below CD quality, but still perfectly listenable. This is done both to make for quicker downloading, and to discourage piracy. As always, if you enjoy the music featured in my podcast, I encourage you to buy the artists' CDs or MP3s through legitimate means. After all, that's why my podcast is here!

2 comments:

  1. I've had this on my iPod and only just got a chance to finish it, so here are my thoughts:

    I do think Heinz's second album would be more appealing to you than his first (it's got a more "real instruments" sound to it), but I'm not positive enough about that to tell you to pay the probably absurd choices you saw it going for.

    As soon as you started talking about that unusual French Idol contestant, I was pretty sure who you meant. I LOVE "Double Je (Remix)"--it was one of my favorite singles of 2007. It's so electro-pop, though, that I wouldn't be surprised if you and I have pretty different favorites on the album (I also love "Kiss The Bride").

    Aleksander has yet to rival "A Little Too Perfect" as far as my taste goes, but I think he won't do anything like that again; still, I liked the sound of some demos he had on his MySpace a while back but took off.

    I love many of the Idol singers of the world--I'm so glad your opinion of the talent the show sometimes stumbles upon has improved. You've reminded me that there's a song from an Idol contestant from Sweden I've been meaning to write about for a while (well, I mean other than the song I just wrote about today--someone else).

    This isn't related to Idol at all and forgive me if they've been featured in another podcast and I forgot about them, but have you listened to the Script at all? You might like them. "Breakeven" is my big favorite of their songs, but "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" is probably more popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha ... matter of fact, I just picked up The Script's album a few weeks ago! How's this for absurd: I didn't bother checking them out until I realized that two of its members were formerly of Mytown, which I thought was a rather sucky boyband! ;-) The Script are excellent, though ... really enjoying them and I'm actually seriously thinking of including them in one of my next 'casts!

    Yeah, I've noticed lately that my tastes are getting a little more "pop" ... don't know if it's a permanent move or a natural "waxing and waning" thing. Who knows, we might actually like some of the same songs.

    I almost have enough other international "Idol" CDs to do a "sequel" to this 'cast ... that's in addition to the two or three other ideas I have! Yeah, methinks this podcast won't be going away anytime soon! ;-)

    -T

    ReplyDelete