- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Stay Tuned

Yes, I'm still alive. I'm sorry for the delay in the next podcast (and yes, there is going to be one). I really want to get it out to you -- I meant to do it last weekend and again this weekend -- but for some weird reason I just haven't been able to find the motivation to actually do it. (It might have something to do with the fact that I was a little unhappy with the way my voice sounded in the last podcast ... thought I had mastered how to tweak it so that there wouldn't be any distortion, but obviously I miscalculated somewhere.) Apparently it's possible to psych yourself up too much for a task. I guess I just need to totally take my mind off of it for the week (since I do have it all planned out) and it'll happen naturally.

In the meantime, so that this post isn't a total waste ... I thought I'd share an upcoming release with you, a promo of which I just got sent in the mail. It's the new album, "The Quiet Hype", by electropop group Jupiter Rising. It's not usually my sort of thing, since it has a lot of hip-hop in it (although the lyrics in the raps are more inventive than I usually find them), but it was an interesting listen, and I'm thinking I may be hanging onto the CD for awhile. Here's the video for the dandy single, "Falling Away". Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment