- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

American Idol 2010 -- The Top 9

Wow, fancy that! For some stupid reason, I had serious doubts that the modem was the "weak link" to my Internet access, but lo and behold it was. Forgive me, O glorious ISP of mine, for ever doubting you. (Serves me right for deliberately looking up and reading horror stories from disgruntled former customers ... that's one great thing about the 'net, endless food for one's paranoia.) Anyway, my DSL has sprung back to life just in time for the Top 9 of "American Idol", this time covering the revered Beatles songbook. Here we go....

Aaron ("The Long and Winding Road") -- Very good! Something keeps me from calling it "excellent", though, as much as I love Aaron ... just a tiny bit pitchy here and there, perhaps ... and maybe the arrangement, as the judges suggested.

Katie ("Let It Be") -- Very pretty, indeed! I'd have to say she was better than Aaron tonight, to be sure. Just when I was starting to become disappointed with her, she reminds me why I started enjoying her at the beginning. Wonderful!

Andrew ("Can't Buy Me Love") -- All right! Two fantastic performances in a week from Andrew! This guy appeared to be dropping away from the pack a few weeks ago, but if he keeps this stride, he's gonna end up in the top thee or four!

Michael ("Eleanor Rigby") -- It's almost boring to watch Big Mike anymore ... only because we know he's all but incapable of giving a disappointing performance! Beautiful arrangement, fantastic vocal, and an all-around enjoyable performance!

Crystal ("Come Together") -- Just like Big Mike, Crystal is wonderful again as usual, and there's not much more that can be said about her. I think she's the lady to beat, and that she'll end up in the top three or four as well.

Tim ("All My Loving") -- This was a good performance, I must say ... he seems to have gotten rid of the weird gaze thing, at least this week. In fact, I actually think it was better than his "Hallelujah" performance, contrary to what Ellen said.

Casey ("Jealous Guy") -- Well, that was one of Casey's best showings yet. Best performance of the night? I'm not sure about that, but it was definitely up there. I'm not quite loving him yet, but I'm liking him a bit more each week.

Siobhan ("Across The Universe") -- One of my favorite Beatles songs, and definitely my favorite Siobhan performance!! There's no other way to describe this one other than to say that it was achingly and hauntingly beautiful. Lovely!!

Lee ("Hey Jude") -- Well, I thought it was okay ... the bagpipe was a little over-the-top, though. I'm still not loving Lee's voice, honestly ... I don't know what so many people see (or "hear", as it were) in it.

My most favorite performances of the night: Siobhan, Michael, and Crystal.

My least favorite performances of the night: Lee ... and it's hard to pick three, but if I did I'd have to say Tim and Aaron.

Who I think should be eliminated: Lee.

Who I think will be eliminated: Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment