- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Damn, I'm Good

Do I know how to call 'em or what? In fact, my predictions for the Top 12 eliminations have been perfect so far (not counting last week, which technically we don't have to, since the save was used)! I was a little intrigued that they didn't do the eliminations in the usual "bottom three" kind of style -- that they just *boom* dropped the bomb on Andrew with little fanfare -- but I suppose maybe it was a little less agonizing that way. As with most everyone else, I'm of course sad to see Katie Stevens and Andrew Garcia sent packing ... but frankly, if two people had to go, they're just about the ones I'll miss the least ... except maybe for Tim or Casey.

As for the rest of the show, it was great seeing Adam Lambert again, and he gave a fabulous performance. And it was fun seeing Brooke White again too ... I never did buy her album, though. Let's see, what else? I can't think of much.

I just realized, though, that the ratio of guys to girls is now 5 to 2!! It definitely looks (strictly from the odds) like this will be the third year in a row where a guy is crowned the American Idol ... although I do seem to recall that an outnumbered gender came from behind to win the competition in a previous year, though I couldn't tell you who or when. We shall see, eh? Next week it's down to seven. For whom will that be an unlucky number...?

No comments:

Post a Comment