- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

American Idol 2010 -- The Top 4

Okay, bring on the movie songs. I can't really say much more, 'cause you've all read my post from last Wednesday unequivocally saying that "American Idol" is kind-of just there for me now. Could that change between now and the showdown May 25? Maybe, but I won't hold my breath. Here goes nothin'....

Lee ("Kiss From a Rose" by Seal) -- It may or may not be a secret that Lee has pretty-much grown to be my favorite of the remaining Idol hopefuls, and his performance of this song reinforces that. Maybe he could have done more with it as Randy said, but Ellen and Kara have a point: he's still great.

Michael ("Will You Be There" by Michael Jackson) -- Hmmm ... he started out a little shaky (was trying to sing in too low a register, I think), but it ended well. Not his best performance, but very good. The way he was all but saying "please give me votes so I can get into the Top Three" could end up coming back to bite him in the ass, though.

Duet: Crystal & Lee ("Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard & Markéta Irglová) -- This may have been the best performance of the night so far ... a nice little song, sung by what I have a feeling will be the Top Two, and Randy's right ... it could and should be a hit! If the producers know what's good for them, they'll record it together and it will appear on one of their albums.

Casey ("Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel) -- Okay, I have to say I enjoyed that performance ... the first of Casey's that I've liked for several weeks now. The only bad thing about it is that I'm thinking it'll push Big Mike out of the running. Okay, there are two bad things about it: the dopey banter amongst the judges -- they need to drop it and get on with the show.

Crystal ("I'm Alright" by Kenny Loggins) -- Once again, they saved the best for last! I'm kind-of wondering why they don't just cancel the rest of the season and give Crystal the title right now. I'd have to do some research to see who was the furthest outnumbered finalist, gender-wise, to come from behind and win, but it'd be funny if Crystal were it, wouldn't it?

Duet: Casey & Michael ("Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?" by Bryan Adams) -- Another fine duet! These guys harmonize well, and the guitar playing was wonderful. I think I might like the first duet better, but they were both fantastic!

My most favorite performance of the night: Crystal.

My least favorite performance of the night: Gosh, I hate to say it ... Michael.

Who I think should be eliminated: Michael (and yes, I still hate to say it).

Who I think will be eliminated: Michael.

Okay, I guess I did get into the show a bit tonight as it went on ... maybe the rest of the season won't be as laborious as I fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment