- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Now We Know ... Sort-Of

Well, I did pretty good again, I suppose. I predicted the three that ended up sailing through to the Top 12, although I was a little off on my wildcard picks over the last three weeks. I'm of course delighted that Megan is amongst the callbacks, and I wasn't quite ready to see Von go either (though I didn't name him in last night's post) -- and honestly, are any of us surprised that Anoop is getting another shot? I don't pay attention to the "Idol" message boards or anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if Anoop was one of the most popular contestants this season.

Who I think will make it to the Top 12: Anoop Desai, Jasmine Murray ... and Tatiana Del Toro (I have that dreaded feeling).

Who I think should make it to the Top 12: Anoop Desai, Von Smith, and Megan Joy Corkrey (but I have a feeling that'll be too much of a guy/girl imbalance for the judges to allow).

I'm sorry to see Nathaniel and Nick being let go, but they're so entertaining that I'm sure we haven't seen the last of them. I can't wait to see how things go tomorrow!!

Speaking of the guy/girl ratio ... I can't remember if I mentioned this yet or not, but I noticed a couple of months ago that "American Idol" has never had a male winner two years in a row. (They've had two ladies win in back-to-back years, Fantasia Barrino in 2004 and Carrie Underwood in 2005.) With all the attention that the guys are getting this year, and with the "David-mania" that swept last year's final, could this be the year that trend is bucked...?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment