- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

American Idol 2009 - The Top 4

It's time for the Top Four to rock and roll! At least we have Slash for a mentor tonight, and not someone oddly inappropriate like Jamie Foxx. Oh, what's this? The contestants are going to perform duets? I'm not sure how I'll like this ... or how Kris will do, 'cause he's probably the least rock-and-roll of the bunch. Let's see how things go....

Adam ["Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin] -- Hmmm ... did I say last week that I was looking at Danny to win? I'm not so sure about that now ... Adam did balls-out rock as much as he could without actually putting ... well, his balls out. Hee-hee ... Kara is cracking me up right now, but she is totally expressing what I'm thinking, or at least the way I'm feeing about his performance ... killer!!!

Allison ["Cry Baby" by Janis Joplin] -- Come on, we all knew she was going to do Janis as soon as we found out that the theme was classic rock. She was great, but I don't know if I'd call that my favorite performance of hers. And Simon was kind-of right ... when she sings Janis, she can't help but sound kind-of unoriginal, which she did. Will that help her or hurt her? We shall see.

Kris & Danny ["Renegade" by Styx] -- Well ... this isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Their voices together were great, especially in the harmonies, but individually Danny was rock-solid whereas Kris was a bit pitchy. Is there a point to these duet performances? I guess if the viewers are compelled to cast their votes based on both the solo and duet numbers, then apparently so. Whatever....

Kris ["Come Together" by The Beatles] -- I'd have to agree totally with Randy's comments. Kris is just not a rock dude, so that kept me from loving the performance. That's not to say I didn't like it, but I didn't love it, and I wouldn't be voting for him if I were voting. Sorry, Kris.

Danny ["Dream On" by Aerosmith] -- I'm with the judges ... this wasn't Danny's best performance, but really only because this isn't quite his bag. He took a real risk taking on a song with such a notoriously hard-to-hit high note, and like Kara said, he gets points for taking a chance. Oh, Ryan just said that Danny's never been in the bottom three. Will he maintain that distinction? We'll know tomorrow.

Allison & Adam ["Slow Ride" by Foghat] -- Excellent! It was better than the Danny & Kris duet, for sure. I don't know about you, but I could feel that they enjoyed singing together ... didn't even need that cute hug they shared at the end to know that. Fun!

Who I think will be eliminated: Kris. I would have said Allison, but I think Simon was right that their duet may save her from elimination.

Who I think should be eliminated: Kris.

Well, I guess 24 hours from now we'll be down to our Top Three.

2 comments:

  1. unfortunately, I have to agree with you this week. HA.

    If last night's theme was anything other than rock n roll, I think Allison may have been the next casualty on Idol.

    Maybe a surprise elimination tonight?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was who i thought it really should have been! And you predicted it in a previous post too!

    ReplyDelete