- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Showdown Is At Hand

Okay, so Katy Perry just made her entrance ... with Adam Lambert's name emblazoned on the cape of her goofy-ass outfit. Isn't this Adam-worship going just a bit too far? I mean, I totally love the guy, but enough is enough. Earlier this week Simon was practically declaring him the winner before the Top Three performances, and last week "Entertainment Weekly" made him the cover story ... and now this? I really, really hope someone puts any future kibosh on this near-favoritism. Once the winner has been crowned, they can love any contestant they want to -- winner, runner-up, or even below-the-bottom-32 also-ran, for all I care ... but not while the competition is still going on, please.

Oh, and don't even get me started on that idiotic "Night At The Museum" embarrassingly-shameless-plug intro ... jeez laweez. Okay, now let's wind up the last commercial break and, as Danny said, "get on with it"! (Once the pool gets down to the bottom four or five, they really need to chop the results shows down to a half-hour.) "Dim the lights...."

Kris is safe?!? Are they f***ing serious?!? Well, my enthusiasm for the finale just went down by 50 percent. ... Yes, we already know that Adam is in, thank you ... hearing that Kris was in was a blow, 'cause I knew that meant Danny Gokey was out. Just listen to the guy singing for the last time, for Pete's sake. Do that many people really hear a better voice coming from Kris? I sure as hell don't, and I'm sorry, but (as you've heard me imply repeatedly and are probably sick of by now) I honestly think the teenage girls out there got hypnotized by Kris' -- let me qualify that: happily married Kris' -- cute face and nearly fried their cellphones by repeatedly texting and/or phoning in their votes as many times as that two-hour voting window and the speed of their fingers would allow. And no, I don't think it's fair, I think it's a major, MAJOR flaw in the system that unlimited repeat voting is allowed, because it can ridiculously skew the results, as I wholeheartedly believe happened here. Trust me, allowing only one vote per viewer would have produced different results; I'd swear my most prized possessions on it.

Sigh ... okay, enough bitching. I must really be tired, 'cause I'm this cranky just hours after being blown away in the best possible way by the new "Star Trek" movie. Off to bed now ... and we'll see if I feel like apologizing for any of this after a good night's sleep.

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy Kris Allen is in the finals, I still think he will win the season as I've commented on before (especially considering that everybody predicted Adam and Danny as the top 2 from the get go, and Simon's begging for people to vote for Adam this week - lame). Your concerns about how the voting works applies to all the contestants, not just Kris (who do you think was also voting for Danny??).

    Cheers,

    KulPop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I absolutely agree that the voting system can put any and all contestants at either a fair or unfair advantage. Very nice of you to vote for both Danny and Kris, but in a way that's kind-of my point: if one person can cast multiple votes, it's just plain unfair, whether they vote for one contestant several times (unfair to the others) or each contestant once (which kind-of renders the whole voting system pointless, in a way).

    And I do have to say, looking back at my entry last night, that I probably have been unfairly harsh on Kris. He is an excellent singer for sure, and deserves every bit to be in the Top Three (though I'm still not sure about the Top Two). But my comments about the hormone-crazed vote-cranking-out teeny-boppers stand, because to an extent they're most likely true.

    Now that I think about it, I'm probably gonna be more excited for the finale and not less, 'cause I clearly have a favorite to win now out of the Top Two, whereas I wouldn't have been disappointed if either Danny or Adam would have won. ;-) Cheers!

    -T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tom,

    Just to clarify, I didn't vote for both Kris and Danny (I'm in Canada and didn't vote for anyone), I just mean't that a lot of "hormone-crazed vote-cranking-out teeny-boppers" also were voting for Danny and probably Adam for that matter.

    K

    ReplyDelete