- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Back Into The Swing

Well, you're about to see a bit of a change in this blog ... not to worry, it's a good thing, especially for those of you who have missed my written album reviews. You see, not only have I gotten the itch recently to start writing reviews again, but I also realized that a once-a-month podcast alone is starting to not quite cut it. For one thing, I've gotten a lot of CDs lately that I've wanted to share with everyone, plus I've gotten so many nifty ideas for my podcast lately that it would take forever to get around to those recent acquisitions.

Not only that, but at the same time I realized that, while I am getting a lot of CDs, by the time the end of the year rolls around my Top Ten Countdown podcast will probably be made up mostly (if not entirely) of stuff I've shared in previous podcasts. Not to mention, something in the back of my mind has started making me feel like I've been "cheating" with regard to podcasting, since I don't seem to convey as much of an opinion about each album I feature as I do in a written review ... I just seem to say one or two sentences and then give you the song. (I may be exaggerating, or I may not.)

So, I've decided that I'm going to try to re-establish an at least semi-regular schedule of written reviews ... probably one every other week as of now, so I don't exhaust my "stockpile" of candidates too quickly or feel too overwhelmed by a heavy schedule. After all (shameless plug time), I have re-launched another blog and want to have time to keep that one running steadily as well. I've given it a lot of thought, and I think this will be a schedule that I can handle without feeling overextended ... not that I necessarily need to maintain a rigid schedule. (But be advised, the next podcast might be delayed a week or so.) So, get ready to read more crap from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment