- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

American Idol 2009 - Still The Top 7

Yup, the Top Seven is still the Top Seven -- but, as we all know, that means TWO contestants are being sent home this week, with no more saves available. Will this be just a one-week postponement of the "inevitable" for Matt? We shall see ... and they aren't wasting any time getting the show rolling, are they?

Lil ["I'm Every Woman" by Chaka Khan] -- Okay, I'm kinda wanting to take back what I said about Lil being the one that should have been eliminated last week. This was her best performance in weeks! But then, knowing how high the stakes are this week, I wouldn't be surprised if we see each and every contestant try and give their all.

Kris ["She Works Hard For The Money" by Donna Summer] -- Hmmm ... a very interesting arrangement, but then Kris would look completely fake trying to do a straight-away disco song. Way to make it fresh; that's exactly what the judges have been looking for! This is a perfect demonstration of why Kris is still in the game ... just when I was starting to get bored with him, he comes back in a big way!! (And there he goes again with those ever-so-slightly snug T-shirts...!!)

Danny ["September" by Earth, Wind & Fire] -- Well ... I don't know that I'm crazy about the vocals (at least at the beginning), but Danny definitely knows how to have fun with a song! It's not my favorite performance of the night, but without a doubt it's great (but as I said, tonight they all need to be).

Allison ["Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer] -- Damn, I was right when I said that every contestant would be bringing their A-game, wasn't I? Allison took that song and turned it into her own, maybe not to the degree that Kris did, but ... well, lemme put it this way: I'm gonna be pissed if she gets eliminated tomorrow night. Pissed, I tell ya.

Adam ["If I Can't Have You" by Yvonne Elliman] -- Holy ... freakin' ... crap. Do I even need to say anything? I hope not, 'cause I'm speechless, and nothing I say would do my thoughts justice. If he doesn't make it to the Top Two, I'll truly have no hope for the American people.

Matt ["Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees] -- Hah ... is there a more appropriate song for him to sing? ... Not bad at all in terms of the vocals, but when we think about the way the other contestants have shaken up the arrangements of the songs, Matt's choice to keep the original arrangement may prove to work against him, since I wasn't terribly impressed. I'm starting to think that the judges just postponed the inevitable for a week.

Anoop ["Dim All The Lights" by Donna Summer] -- Oh, an unconventional choice from the Noop Dawg! Let's see how it plays out.... Not bad at all ... nice way to put a twist on the arrangement, and the vocals were good. I enjoyed some of the other guys better, though ... sad to say that, 'cause I really do like the guy.

Who I think will be eliminated: Lil and Anoop.

Who I think should be eliminated: Matt and Lil.

Who I think will make up the bottom three: them those there (Lil, Matt, and Anoop).

Anything could happen tomorrow night (well, except for Adam and Kris being eliminated) ... it's gonna be a nail-biter for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment