- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

That's That For Matt

Well, I'm a bit shocked at how Adam could have ended up in the bottom three ... and I'm surprised, but not all that surprised, that Kris and not Allison was the third-lowest vote-getter ... but I was obviously (though sadly) right at marking Matt Giraud for elimination. Even though it only gave him an extra two weeks, I think the judges still did a good thing in saving him. I think he's got a future as a recording artist, especially if Justin Timberlake isn't going to be making any more records anytime soon.

And as for Jamie Foxx's performance ... maybe I'll try listening to the studio version of the song, 'cause the live performance was completely unimpressive. It would have been nice if that hip-hop guy wasn't burying Jamie's voice through 90% of it ... and if they had eased up on the vocorder effect on Jamie's singing. I liked that Natalie Cole number, though ... I may be checking out that recent album of hers.

2 comments:

  1. i think that results shows should be 10 minutes...maybe just as commercials between other shows on FOX. Then FOX would have people watching the other shows too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ... I don't know about trimming it down quite THAT short, Random ... the fans like the anticipation and the build-up ... but I do agree that an hour is an awful lot of time to devote to something that could be done in a very short time. I'd be all for half-hour results shows ... in fact, I thought I'd heard before the season started that that's what they were going to do...?! Apparently some Fox muckety-muck disagreed.

    ReplyDelete