- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Thursday, March 4, 2010

American Idol 2010 -- Takin' It Down To 16

You'd think that I'd remember by now to wait to tune in to the results show until about six or seven minutes into it ... in order to avoid those downright hideous group numbers. Seriously, "Idol" producers, can't you see the nearly crippling pain and embarrassment that some of these poor singers are going through when they do them? There are far more watchable things that those few minutes can be devoted to, trust me. I kid you not ... I actually squirm in my chair with discomfort while the group numbers are going on. It's time for them to end, if there's a merciful bone in your body.

Okay, now that I've got that out of the way ... the results. I did get it a bit wrong, but I can't say I'm terribly surprised ... certainly not as surprised as I was last week to see Tyler Grady and Joe Muñoz leave. I still wish, though that the viewers had given John Park a bit more time to prove himself. (He leaves, but Sanjaya -- I mean, Tim Urban -- stays ... go figure.) Jermaine Sellers, Michelle Delamor, and Haeley Vaughn were fun while they lasted, and I wish them all the best.

Oh, and it was fun seeing Danny Gokey again ... may have to get that CD of his, even though I'm not big on country. But anyway, next week we do it all again...!

No comments:

Post a Comment