- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

American Idol 2010 -- The Top 10

Well, you won't be reading this until Wednesday morning, 'cause my bloody DSL line has been out (yet again) for a day and a half, so I'll have to save it to my thumb drive and upload it at work. Jeez, modern technology sucks, doesn't it? Actually, it doesn't ... what sucks is our dependence on it. I've even been thinking about dumping my blogs altogether out of frustration, but not to worry ... I'll probably come to my senses sooner or later. Thank goodness I have "Idol" to give me the mood enhancement that I need.

Siobhan ("Through The Fire" by Chaka Khan) -- Well, a couple of creaky notes here and there, so it's not her best performance, but it's still Siobhan, and there are few singers in this competition better than her.

Casey ("Hold On I'm Comin'" by Sam & Dave) -- I've gotta say, that was perhaps this guy's best showing yet! I've really never been more than lukewarm on this guy, but Randy said it -- tonight's performance was hot!

Michael ("Ready For Love" by India.Arie) -- Sometimes I wonder why they don't just call it a season and give Big Mike the title of "American Idol" ... and this is one of those times. Wonderful job, as we've come to expect!

Didi ("What Becomes of the Broken Hearted" by Jimmy Ruffin) -- I liked it, but I can't say I loved it. Maybe it could have been helped by a slower tempo or a more interesting arrangement ... not her best, as much as I hate to say it.

Tim ("Sweet Love" by Anita Baker) -- It was an okay performance, but I think I know now what bugs me about Tim: his eyes. He's trying to do the meaningful gaze thing, but it seems more like a semi-vacant glare. Sorry, but not great.

Andrew ("Forever" by Chris Brown) -- I've been waiting for a performance like this from Andrew since "Straight Up" in Hollywood week!! Just when I thought he was all but gone, he's come back in a big way! Yay, Andrew!!

Katie ("Chain of Fools" by Aretha Franklin) -- This was another strong showing, and like Andew, her best in weeks. The judges want her to pick something more current, but as long as her vocals are this great, I don't mind!

Lee ("Treat Her Like a Lady" by the Cornelius Brothers) -- This may be as close as I've come to actually liking Lee as a singer ... a great performance with really strong vocals! Am I loving him? Not yet ... but almost!

Crystal ("Midnight Train to Georgia" by Gladys Knight) -- Like Ellen said, she's "never not good"! She shook things up by showing us a softer side, and it was beautiful! This is turning out to be a strong night for the Top Ten!

Aaron ("Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers) -- As Simon pointed out, this song is done so many times on "Idol" that it's seldom special. But Aaron did as well as he could with it, and his natural charm made up for the rest. Not his best, but a very nice job.

My most favorite performances of the night: Andrew, Michael, and Lee (color me surprised).

My least favorite performances of the night: Didi, Tim, and Siobhan (it hurts to say).

Who I think should be eliminated: Tim.

Who I think will be eliminated: Didi.

No comments:

Post a Comment