- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

American Idol 2010 -- The Top 12

Well, believe it or else, the Top 12 is upon us! It seems like the whole darn season just started, doesn't it? I probably sound more excited about this than I am, 'cause after the dreadful results last week, I'm actually a little surprised myself that I'm sticking around ... but since I've already invested so much time in the season, I figure I might as well keep going. Ready or not, here we go. Oh, crap, that goofy "talking head" is introducing the judges again ... sigh.

Since it's "Rolling Stones Week", all songs are originally by The Rolling Stones ... like, duh.

Michael Lynche ("Miss You") -- Yay! Once again, Big Mike delivers a fantastic performance! And once again (not that it's happened all the time), Simon's comments perplex me. Ooh ... Ryan's out for blood, confronting Simon nose-to-nose like that ... gotta love him!

Didi Benami ("Play With Fire") -- Well, we're on a roll tonight so far ... that was quite possibly the best showing I've seen from her yet! This could be a single from her, 'cause I thought she really made that song her own. Very, very nice!

Casey James ("It's All Over Now") -- A great performance, although I wasn't quite wowed by it ... I don't know if it's just because two great performances came before it, or if it was something underwhelming about his performance. Great, but not quite fantastic.

Lacey Brown ("Ruby Tuesday") -- Hmmmm ... I like this song, and I like the arrangement she used ... but I didn't care for her voice in it. The verses were a bit warbly and off-key, to be honest. I'm sorry to say I wasn't loving this one.

Andrew Garcia ("Gimme Shelter") -- I liked it a lot, but like with Casey's song, I didn't quite connect with it and felt there was something missing. I don't know what Randy heard, though, 'cause I sure didn't hear any pitchiness ... certainly not compared with Lacey.

Katie Stevens ("Wild Horses") -- I have to agree with the judges in that it was an excellent song choice, and it led to an excellent performance! I've seen better from her, but this was great!

Tim Urban ("Under My Thumb") -- Wow ... is this really Tim Urban? This was actually ... really good! I don't know why the judges had such a problem with it, 'cause I thought the reggae arrangement gave the song an interesting twist.

Siobhan Magnus ("Paint It Black") -- Damn!! I don't know about you, but I just saw the show being stolen! I tell you, I am loving this girl more with every week that goes by! And thank you, Kara, I thought it was just me who was reminded a bit of Adam Lambert (in the best way)!

Lee DeWyze ("Beast of Burden") -- What can I say? I've tried time and again, and have yet to hear the "incredibly good voice" that Simon seems to believe Lee is capable of. A better-than-average performance from him, but I still find him the most boring of the guys.

Paige Miles ("Honky Tonk Women") -- Well, she couldn't help but be better than last week, and she was a helluva lot better! Possibly her best showing yet, and one of the better ladies' performances this evening.

Aaron Kelly ("Angie") -- Just like Didi, Aaron could take this song and make it a single all his own ... a fantastic performance! And I totally agreed with Simon's comments ... a perfect song for his voice. Excellent!

Crystal Bowersox ("You Can't Always Get What You Want") -- Alright, Crystal! Did we expect any less than a superb performance from her? No, and that's what we got!! A very fine way to close the show indeed!

My most favorite performances of the night: Siobhan, Michael, and Crystal.

My least favorite performances of the night: Lacey, Andrew, and Lee.

Who I think should be eliminated: Lacey.

Who I think will be eliminated: Lacey.

And, just for the heck of it ... who I'd like to see in the Top Four if they were being chosen this week: Crystal, Michael, Siobhan and Aaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment