- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

American Idol 2010 -- The Top 10 Ladies

I've got a grudge against technology again, 'cause our goddamned DSL line can't seem to stay up and running (I almost wasn't able to post this tonight). But I got a CD in the mail that I was waiting for, and I've got "American Idol" to watch, so instead of turning off anything and everything of a technological nature and wallowing in my grumpiness like I was just about to do, I decided to wise up and remember that music is the thing I turn to when I need a mood adjustment. So ... bring on the "Idol" ladies!

Crystal Bowersox ("Long As I Can See The Light" by Creedence Clearwater Revival) -- Great way to open the show, and I'm glad to see she's back on her feet after her illness. A wonderful and natural performance!

Haeley Vaughn ("The Climb" by Miley Cyrus) -- Hmmm ... I can't say I was thrilled ... she was awfully pitchy in places. Randy and Ellen pretty-much said what I was thinking ... just not a good showing from her tonight.

Lacey Brown ("Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer) -- Kara was right ... that was the perfect song for her! It was wonderful and totally fit her voice ... the best performance of the evening so far!

Katie Stevens ("Put Your Records On" by Corinne Bailey Rae) -- It started out sounding like a Corinne impersonation, but she was able to "come out" a bit at the end. I really like this girl, and I hope she shows us more next week.

Didi Benami ("Lean On Me" by Bill Withers) -- Hmmm ... I wanted to like it, I really did, 'cause I like her ... but it was awfully pitchy through most of it. Still, though, I hope she comes back next week.

Michelle Delamor ("With Arms Wide Open" by Creed) -- A curious song choice, for sure ... and a very good performance, one of my favorites of the night, in fact. A bit pitchy, maybe, but quite good!

Lilly Scott ("A Change Is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke) -- Like Simon, I wasn't "in love" with her performance like the other three judges were, but I did like it. Best of the night, though? I'm not quite sure....

Katelyn Epperly ("The Scientist" by Coldplay) -- Wow! I kind-of like Coldplay, and I'm always curious when I see a male-female switch-up (like Michelle did) ... I think I might have a new favorite performance of the evening!

Paige Miles ("Walk Away" by Kelly Clarkson) -- Another fine performance! (Oh, I didn't know it was a Kara song!) It really fit her voice, which was spot-on, and she really had fun singing it. Yay!

Siobhan Magnus ("Think" by Aretha Franklin) -- Three good performances in a row ... the night really went out on a high note (figuratively and literally -- how's about that high note?)! I was afraid for that song, but ... wow!

My most favorite performances of the night: Katelyn Epperly, Lacey Brown, and Paige Miles.

My least favorite performances of the night: Haeley Vaughn, Didi Benami, and ... hard to pick a third, but it'd probably have to be Lilly Scott.

Who I think should be eliminated: Haeley Vaughn and Didi Benami.

Who I think will be eliminated: Haeley Vaughn and Katie Stevens.

No comments:

Post a Comment