- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

American Idol 2010 -- The Top 8 Guys

I can't possibly need a new computer already ... but then, I guess this one is nearly five years old. It's taking almost ten minutes to get going whenever I boot it up ... sigh. But let's forget about that techno stuff and get on with the second half of the Top 16 ... here come the guys!

Lee DeWyze ("Fireflies" by Owl City) -- Okay, I'm still not as crazy about this guy as the judges seem to be, but this is as close as I've come yet ... his best showing thusfar. It still feels like he's trying to be David Cook, though.

Alex Lambert ("Trouble" by Ray Lamontagne) -- Ahhhh ... a perfect song choice, and a great performance!! Ellen is so right ... he's getting better and better every week, and I'm loving him more and more.

Tim Urban ("Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen) -- I'll give him points for using the right lyric ("ya" to rhyme with "hallelujah", instead of "you" like is often incorrectly used) ... and for the first time, I won't be upset if he's voted through ... a decent performance from him, finally.

Andrew Garcia ("Genie In a Bottle" by Christina Aguilera) -- Hmmm ... I find myself agreeing with Kara and Simon, except that I did like it more than they seemed to. He was so great early on that he's having a tough time maintaining.

Casey James ("You'll Think Of Me" by Keith Urban) -- Excellent! I don't particularly dig country, but I dig Casey James. He's been one of the most consistently good competitors amongst the guys this season!

Aaron Kelly ("I'm Already There" by Lonestar) -- A very good performance, and he definitely sounds best singing country, but he's had better weeks. I too had the feeling, like Ellen did, that the song was just a little "too big" for him.

Todrick Hall ("Somebody To Love" by Queen) -- Wonderful! I loved that he gave it an almost "gospel" feel with the ladies singing backup. He really took this song and made it his own, better than anyone else tonight!

Michael Lynche ("This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush) -- Damn, I'm loving this guy!! Simon was right ... I don't think I've seen a performance this good since the live shows started!

My most favorite performances of the night: Michael, Todrick, and Alex.

My least favorite performances of the night: Andrew, Lee, and Tim.

Who I think should be eliminated: Lee and Tim.

Who I think will be eliminated: Alex and Andrew.

Final thought: Hmmm ... did I say last night that the girls were the strong ones? I have to say I had more trouble picking my favorites amongst the guys, at least this week. We'll see who makes it and who doesn't, tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment