- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

American Idol 2010 -- The Top 10 Guys

Well, here we go with round two. Bear with me, 'cause I'm not all that enthused about this week (yet?) ... I hope it's just 'cause I'm tired tonight. Oh ... things are looking up a little, 'cause I didn't know the guys were going first this week...! (No, I'm not sexist ... I just like male singers a lot more than female ones.)

Michael Lynche ("It's a Man's Man's Man's World" by James Brown) -- The guy's got some serious soul, and I'm enjoying him more every week. The bad part: all nine other guys have to follow him.

John Park ("Gravity" by John Mayer) -- It's probably my favorite J.M. song, and he did better than I thought he would. He still has yet to blow me away, and I'm afraid enough people might feel the same that it could get him kicked this week.

Casey James ("I Don't Want To Be" by Gavin deGraw) -- I still like the guy, and it was a really good performance, but there was something that stopped him from being "great" ... probably the stiffness Ellen was talking about.

Alex Lambert ("Everybody Knows" by John Legend) -- Well, we know who wins the award for the best improvement since last week, by a country mile!! I'm so glad this guy's still here ... I'm loving him!!

Todrick Hall ("What's Love Got To Do With It" by Tina Turner) -- It was a good performance, but not great ... I hope it wasn't just because he followed Alex. I think there was just something missing from his voice this time.

Jermaine Sellers ("What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye) -- Hmmm ... not unlike Todrick, I wasn't thrilled ... a bit pitchy here and there, for one thing. I understand what Randy was trying to say ... just something missing.

Andrew Garcia ("You Give Me Something" by James Morrison) -- I for one liked his song last week, but this one left me a little cold. The guy's still very good, but (at the risk of repeating myself) I wasn't feeling him tonight.

Aaron Kelly ("My Girl" by The Temptations) -- I didn't agree with Ellen, 'cause I thought it was a great song choice ... in a way, there's nothing more fitting for a 16-year-old potential heartthrob to sing. One of the best of the night!

Tim Urban ("Come On Get Higher" by Matt Nathanson) -- I do kind-of resent this guy for usurping Joe Muñoz's spot last week, but it was a whole lot better than last week. Still the pitchiest of the night, though, and "very karaoke", as Randy said.

Lee DeWyze ("Lips Of An Angel" by Hinder) -- I'm still not won over by this guy yet, and I wonder why Simon's so crazy about him. But this was his best performance yet, and for once I'm kinda hoping he isn't voted off.

My most favorite performances of the night: Alex Lambert, Michael Lynche, and Aaron Kelly.

My least favorite performances of the night: Todrick Hall, Tim Urban, and Casey James.

Who I think should be eliminated: Tim Urban and Todrick Hall.

Who I think will be eliminated: John Park and Todrick Hall.

My parting thought: The judges should stop saying "I hope we see you back next week" or "I hope America votes to keep you another week" ... they're not supposed to be picking favorites, and that comes a little too close. Besides, the contestants are supposed to be the ones appealing for your votes.

Another parting thought: Get well soon, Crystal!

No comments:

Post a Comment