- - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 2000s - - - - - - - Favorite CDs of the 1990s - - - - - - -

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

American Idol 2010 -- The Top 8 Ladies

Oh gosh, they've taken the performance shows down to one hour apiece ... kind-of pushing it with eight contestants in each pack, isn't it? I hope they don't run over on time, which was a chronic problem of theirs last season (or was it the season before?). Obviously they're not wasting any time ... let's go!

Katie Stevens ("Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson") -- Oh, this hurts, 'cause she's one of my favorite contestants among the ladies ... but I found this to be her least impressive performance yet. With any luck, she'll get a chance to come back next week.

Siobhan Magnus ("House of the Rising Sun" by The Animals) -- There's something about Siobhan that I've started to like ... and this great showing is making me like her even more! Two great performances in a row ... this girl is hot!

Lacey Brown ("The Story" by Brandi Carlile) -- Very nice, though it started out a bit pitchy. I guess one thing that makes me not quite love her is that her voice sounds the same in every song she sings ... could get old quickly.

Katelyn Epperly ("I Feel the Earth Move" by Carole King) -- Hmmm ... a great performance, but she's done better. The judges, particularly Simon (weird, eh?), basically said just what I was thinking ... in a nutshell, she was missing something.

Didi Benami ("Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac) -- I was afraid she was about to drop off the map, and then comes a performance like this! I really liked this one, and now I'm kind-of hoping she sticks around!

Paige Miles ("Smile" by Charlie Chaplin) -- ...Uh-oh. I like Paige, but I'm afraid this was a flat-out bad performance. Her voice trembled, like she was nervous, and she even looked a little scared. I'm afraid this might be it for her, much as I hate to say it.

Crystal Bowersox ("Give Me One Reason" by Tracy Chapman) -- It's almost gotten to the point where we expect a great performance out of Crystal every week, and so far it's working for her! I think she's the one to beat right now. (I wrote that before Simon said it, honest!)

Lilly Scott ("I Fall To Pieces" by Patsy Cline) -- It wasn't perfect ... a bit more pitchy than I was really comfortable with ... but still, I liked it. Is it enough to keep her in the running? I sure hope so, 'cause I know she's yet to have her best moment.

My most favorite performances of the night: Siobhan, Didi, and Crystal.

My least favorite performances of the night: Paige, Katelyn, and Lacey.

Who I think should be eliminated: Paige and Lacey.

Who I think will be eliminated: Paige and Katelyn.

Final thought: Simon was right ... the ladies are stronger than the guys this year, and I think it's very possible that a lady will be crowned Idol for the first time since 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment